This is a Band 28 requisition.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to takeon their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learningand collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. Wehave their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time tospend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new careerpath, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
The escalation specialist is responsible for providing assistance and guidance to our card members and internal clients i.e. US Consumer Segments. They will be required to address and resolve card member escalation, disputes or concerns in timely & compliant fashion. This role would also include helping Segment Currents in capacity when required. On a regular basis the candidate is expected to drive long term solutions to frequently occurring CM escalations across US Consumer Credit network by working with respective leaders.
- Manage the escalation gate and helplines to assist credit specialist(s) with escalated issues and questions.
- Answering escalated inbound calls and making outbound calls to respond the card member request within established and permissible timelines in order to maintain Service Level Agreements and Expectations with adherence to the Lead Gate tasks list.
- Provide empathy and understanding to the card members who escalate calls with issues or complaints.
- Continuously building card member trust, relationship and loyalty by actively listening and resolving concerns sensibly, sensitively, quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for assuring all regulatory & compliance requirements are met concerning card member interaction by explaining policies and procedures courteously and patiently.
- Work with leadership to deescalate and resolve potential issues, complex escalation/complaints and prevent negative outcomes.
- Acquaint Leadership of potential risk to mitigate future issues.
- Work with other LOB’s (Line of Business) and collaborate across boundaries to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to resolve card member concern and deliver qualitative service to card members.
- Research and Follow up with all necessary parties to close out calls /investigation /claims/dispute to ensure timely closure of all issues within SLA.
- Creation and generation of weekly reports on call type analysis.
- Maintaining confidentiality of the card member interactions and cases /issues/feedback handled or escalated for credit specialist.
- Provide information and knowledgeable assistance regarding credit & collection by retrieving information from ECCO.
- Provide electronic or verbal responses to inquiries as needed.
- Manage and maintain the lead gate tracker reports and on filling process/procedural related gaps.
- Actively participate and assist in any initiatives being undertaken on the floor.
- Ensure that Internal Policies, Procedures, And Compliance Regulations are met in Terms Of down Lines Processing – Down Lines to be Processed Daily.
- Prior experience on handling customer escalations would be an added advantage
- Certification in any of the GCN US Call & Collect preferred (Internal Only)
- Experience as JCC/Team Captain would be an added advantage (Internal Only)
- The Incumbent Should have an YE rating of G3 L3 or better rating in the last 2 years (Internal Only)
- The Incumbent should not be any level of Counselling Level at The Time Of Application (Internal Only)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must – Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Strong Knowledge Of credit and collection policies, procedures, compliance. The Incumbent Should Display Flexibility and Adaptability To Manage Multiple Tasks
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills along with proven high Initiative and energy level with good influencing, decision-making and collaboration skills
- Excellent written, Oral Communication, Presentation and Analytical skills
- Ability to work under high pressure/deadlines oriented environment
- This position is on AIA