Citibank Europe Plc (CEP) has grown consistently and successfully and now has branches in over 20 countries in Europe and is a key entity for Citi in the region. This position is within CEP Corporate Treasury and is based in Dublin.
Corporate Treasury is looking to recruit an experienced treasury professional to support treasury activities in Citibank Europe plc (CEP). The successful candidate will support Corporate Treasury in all aspects of Treasury, Balance Sheet and Liquidity in CEP, and importantly CRD4 Liquidity Metrics as well as Citi’s Internal Liquidity Metrics.
The role involves a significant amount of interaction with senior management, regulators (CBI, ECB, SRB), and with partners across Finance, Risk and Citi product lines.
• Support Corporate Treasury and businesses in respect of treasury and balance sheet in Citibank Europe plc (CEP) as it continues to grow and evolve as well as becoming more complex due to the growth expected in Markets and Securities business.
• Acts as the Branch Treasurer for CEP UK and potentially other branches such us Benelux.
• Balance Sheet forecasting and analysis, including branch and business level.
• Liquidity forecasting and analysis – across internal and external liquidity metrics; support the Funding and Liquidity Planning, Contingency Funding Plan, and ILAAP process and related areas.
• Management of regulatory, internal liquidity and funding metrics.
• Playing a key role in driving compliance with regulatory change; providing policy expertise to support the Reporting Team in managing such transitions.
• Executing and monitoring Treasury policies; inclusive of control, management and monitoring of risk.
• Providing subject matter expertise including in respect of Markets business; guiding Markets businesses on the implications of business strategy on liquidity and funding – knowledge across equities, fixed income, FX, credit, rates, structured desks and prime brokerage asset classes.
• Coordinating and running presentations to senior stakeholders and strategic input.
• Ensuring key treasury related projects are on track and successfully implemented.
• Coordinating of ALCO planning and preparation; presentation at ALCO and other senior forums.
• Reviewing and submitting for approval new product and large transactions requests from a Treasury perspective.
• Execution of project implementations; ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency.
• Ensuring a robust control environment as well as successful internal and external audit/reviews.
• Provide ad hoc support in respect of key deliverables.
This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate looking to build their career within Corporate Treasury. The successful candidate will have broad exposure to senior management across a wide range of critical Treasury and liquidity management areas.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, with varied responsibilities and the opportunity to work with different business areas and across functions.
The role will involve extensive liaison with staff across broad section of the bank.
• Experienced Treasury professional
• Extensive years experience in a major international banking environment
• Prior Balance Sheet and Liquidity experience
• Prior experience in a regulated environment
• Able to process large amounts of information and assimilate it in a meaningful way
• Proven ability to execute
• Proven ability to understand technical products and solutions in short time frame
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent ability to communication at all levels
• Proactive, ability to work on own initiative
• Good organization skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize with tight deadlines
• Ability to drive and implement change
• Numerate, technical and analytical with a high degree of attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of market risk and related techniques.
• Good University degree or equivalent Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
• Comfortable communicating across teams, meeting objectives in a defined time frame and delivering results
• Able to quickly assimilate new information
• Good project management skills
• Diplomatic and able to manage situations where conflicts of interest may arise
• Able to handle tight deadlines and multitask, flexible with an ability to work under pressure
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Banking and Financial Services
Finance / Accounting
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.