Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
1. Position Summary
• Legal Entity Reporting (LER) CoE was set up in 2014 to centralise the preparation of Local GAAP Statutory Reporting and management of Statutory Audit for American Express entities in International Markets
• Prepare Local GAAP Annual Financial Statements for American Express entities in International Markets as per the LER CoE’s annual delivery calendar
• Lead end to end management of the legal entity statutory audit
• Prepare GAAP to STAT accounting adjustments to prepare Local GAAP TB and a summary of US GAAP to Local GAAP reconciliation by reviewing significant adjustments for GAAP differences
• Prepare financial information and provide analysis of reporting information, as directed by Service Delivery Leader (SDL), Director, LER and Legal Entity Financial Controller to support the Board of Directors meetings.
• Conduct research and support implementation on any new Local GAAP changes/ pronouncements
• Ensure effective controls and governance are adhered to
• Research and provide support for resolution of issues and queries as directed by Service Delivery Leader (SDL), Director, LER and Legal Entity Financial Controller
• Implement COGNOS Disclosure Management for automated reporting of annual financial statements & board reporting
2. Principal Accountabilities
• Local Statutory reporting requirements are met through accurate preparation of Local GAAP Annual Financial Statements
• Reporting all audit and reporting issues identified, escalated and tracked to conclusion, as directed by SDL LER, Director LER and Market Controllership Teams
• Maintain and control accuracy of information flowing into the financial reports
• Adequate controls, documentation and audit trails are in place to comply with reporting requirements
• Support Market Controllership teams with implementation of any changes in Local market regulatory and statutory reporting requirements
• Lead external audits and coordinate with R2R functions (e.g. GAR, Accounting and Payment Operations, World Services etc.) to provide external audit support
3. Critical Challenges
• Support the LER SDL / Director to achieve the local statutory and regulatory filing objectives
• Deliver high quality and accurate financial reporting with adherence to critical deadlines
• Ability to communicate with business partners and customers on Statutory & Regulatory Reporting requirements
• Contribute towards process improvements through ongoing review of processes / methods of data collection and report preparation to create efficiencies and eliminate non-value added work
• Ability to respond to changes in reporting requirements as dictated by Regulatory Authorities by supporting Market Controllership Teams with research and implementation of changes required
4. Organization Chart
• Report to SDL LER Team
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Banking and Financial Services
Finance / Accounting
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.