Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Financial Analysis & Assurance team is primarily responsible for validating the data reported through sub ledger systems and ensuring the financial integrity of numbers. Any data sourcing gaps/issues identified in the process are communicated to stakeholders. This team also provide support in resolving such issues by collaborating with impacted stakeholders.
Job Description & Responsibilities:-
Responsibilities may include:
• Validation of assigned portfolios on-balance sheet and off-balance sheet exposures against the general ledger/externally reported results to ensure financial integrity of Basel results
• Generate variance reports and identify / highlight out of balances
• Research into variances and perform root cause analysis
• Collaborate with stake holders for resolution of the issues
• Report all data issues timely into RRIL & Collibra for tracking and closure
• Monthly CCID management process to ensure accurate validations
• Contribute to assigned work streams of Regulatory Assurance to support creation of MRA reports, from providing requirements to testing to deployment
• Relationship management with source data providers, GL Controls teams, reporting teams, AET, Financial Accounting Hub, Chart of Accounts teams
• Other responsibilities of Assurance team as assigned from time to time
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
• Post Graduate in Business/Finance/Accounting, CPA / CA a plus
• 3+ years’ experience in accounting, financial analysis or validations
• Strong demonstrated knowledge of AXP financial systems
• Strong knowledge of AXP business, balance sheet, general ledger, and chart of accounts
• Demonstrated ability to promote and drive change to further improve processes to be more efficient and effective
• Flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple demands and manage in a matrix organization
• Regulatory reporting & BASEL II/III concept knowledge and experience a plus but not required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven collaboration/relationship skills
• High Proficiency in Ms Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is a requirement. SQL Knowledge a plus
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Knowledge of Sub-Ledger & Project Experience a plus
Banking and Financial Services
Finance / Accounting
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.