Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
• Credit structuring and underwriting of Capital Market and Margin & Securities-Backed Finance products with appropriate risk return characteristics, ensuring appropriate compliance with Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standards and the relevant product programmes.
• Liaising with bankers and investment counsellors and participating in client calls to perform due diligence for underwriting derivative transactions
• Preparation of Credit Applications ensuring accuracy and completeness of data in bank systems.
• Collateral Evaluation of portfolios of marketable securities, including the analysis of the collateral’s diversification and liquidity. Liaising with the Loanable Value team in Risk on the assignment of loanable values to the portfolios. .
• Preparation of EDAC and Greenlight memorandums Assist the IF Transactors with the structuring and execution of more complex or tailored margin finance or capital market transactions, meeting Risk Acceptance Criteria.
• Preparing, negotiating and closing of credit documentation, including liaison with Risk and internal and external legal counsel. Preparing and monitoring of borrower compliance with facility covenants.
• Portfolio management including CA annual reviews, waivers and extensions, documentation reviews and all related system maintenance in line with CPB Credit Policies.
• Problem Recognition, including credit classification and review of risk ratings, working in conjunction with CPB SARG (Special Assets Restructuring Group).
• Oversee general ongoing credit and documentation related administration.
• 5-7 years’ experience as a Credit Officer
• Strong knowledge of FX, Interest Rate, Equity and Credit Linked Derivative products
• Strong knowledge of securities, loans, investment, treasury products and other banking products
• Secured/asset backed lending experience preferred
• Experience working with legal counsel in relevant jurisdictions
• Undergraduate degree
• CFA an advantage
• Knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
• Financial and cash flow modelling an advantage
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
|Location:||United States New York New York|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.