There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it. Global HR Systems, Solutions and Privacy supports our HR function and is looking for a Director of HR Reporting, Analytics and Data Management. The Director role will report directly to the Vice President of HRIS and is responsible for leading the HR reporting and analytics functions within HR. This position will ensure that the use of our business intelligence applications enhances the business decision-making capabilities of the HR reporting and analytics functions. The director will work cross-functionally with multiple HR and line of business teams to define requirements and implement strategic solutions. Responsibilities & Skills:
- Responsible for developing and driving the reporting, analytics and data management strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
- Partner closely with HR and various business groups to provide reports, analytics and visualizations for meaningful business insights with recruiting, talent and core HR data.
- Lead multi-located teams in the delivery of prioritized development efforts. Partner with vendors and business architects to provide vendor governance, oversight on the delivery of key solutions to business partners while ensuring regular communication of delivery and financial status for our reporting platform including the HR data warehouse
- Partners with requestors in the HR engagement request process for enhancements and process improvements as it relates to reporting and the HR data warehouse. Reviews all requests, assists with solution development and ensures alignment to HR roadmap and key strategies
- Reviews and oversees the reporting and data warehouse portfolio delivery plans in terms of schedule, cost, scope and quality
- Works with our reporting vendors and data warehouse technology partners to plan key application upgrades based on business priorities and activities. Determine feature enablement, development timelines and overall testing strategy.
- Works with Data Privacy, HR Compliance, and SOX office to ensure adherence of platform supported relevant compliance requirements
- 7-10 years plus of reporting and analytics experience.
- Working knowledge of recruiting, talent and core HR data
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Strong track record of positive outcomes and results in a global matrix environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant field is required
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.