Citi is the pre-eminent global financial services company. Citi does business in more than 100 countries, providing customers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, insurance, securities brokerage and asset management. Citi operates in business segments including global cards, consumer banking, institutional clients group (ICG), and global wealth management (GWM).
CMB Tech Overview
The evolution of electronic trading and automation has changed the way that rates products trade forever; driving a need for real-time, low latency pricing, market making and risk technology. In this increasingly electronic and competitive landscape, Citi is key player due to its leading eTrading platform and investment in technology.
The Rates eTrading team is responsible for Citi’s electronic connectivity platform, enabling our Rates business to achieve its market-leading position. Our competitive advantage is our technology and having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable trading experience.
We are looking for a talented and passionate developer to join the team in Belfast, to help building our next generation eTrading infrastructure.
The role requires a detailed understanding of software design/best practice along with a strong technical ability. The team works closely with global counterparts, often helping design solutions to complex problems; therefore the role requires clear communication across multiple regions and business lines.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to be part of global Rates eTrading market leading connectivity platform, which has evolved and moving towards the automation to change the way that rates products are traded; driving a need for real-time market data and low-latency market access.
As a developer in the Rates eTrading team, your role will be focused on building technology that can be leveraged by a global business.
Job Responsibilities / Role:
This position involves:
• Partner with Sales and Trading from Rates business and help building out solutions for business needs
• Work with the Trading desk and venues to help enhancing the platform on the customer and dealer platforms.
• Coordinate development with both internal technology teams and business
• Drive engineering standards and continue to strive for best in case
- Build a strong profile in a high performance global team (Belfast, London, NY, Toronto, Chennai, Sydney and Tokyo)
- Learn and apply low latency programming solutions
- Exposure to front office / trading environment, learn the Fixed Income business
- Gain knowledge of trading systems, architectures
- Work on a high profile cross-asset project that delivers next-generation performance and functionality
• Object oriented programming experience
• Solid Architectural understanding of enterprise applications
• Agile development / full software life cycle
• Development best practices: Peer review, unit testing, CI/CD
• Desirable: Broker/Customer Markets, Market making
• Large scale financial software project delivery in a front office environment
• Experience of working with financial software systems
Technical Skills Required:
Additional Information / Preferences:
• Knowledge of Fixed income products (e.g. Government Bonds/Swaps)
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field, or substantial practical vocational experience of software delivery at an advanced level.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to face off to business users
• Good team skills and ability to work in a distributed global team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and with determination to achieve goals
• Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
|Location:||United Kingdom United Kingdom|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.