Process Manager - Control & Compliance
More jobs by this advertiser
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Business Services (GBS) is a shared services organization that brings together key internal functions to support all of American Express; manages procurement, real estate, marketing operations, sales operations & business enablement; and partners with business units to execute complex change initiatives.
This position is in SABE (Sales & Business Enablement). SABE is also responsible for $150M+ of annual sales incentive payment administration and provides support in the areas of marketing campaign delivery and measurement, platforms and capabilities, as well as operational excellence.
Operational Risk Management is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify measure, assess, report, monitor and control operational risk exposures facing American Express. It supports business processes while meeting all relevant regulatory and legal requirements. This framework consists of several core components, grouped into pillars, including governance, risk assessment, business and environmental internal control factors, and reporting and monitoring.
This position champions the operational risk related behaviors and actions of teams within the SABE business unit and thereby overall implementation and governance of the operational risk framework for SABE, GBS.
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Proactively handles problems and acts on own initiative
• Anticipates customer needs and seeks to create value for the customer
• Sets clear objectives , defines milestones and organize work
• Provides tailored consultative service to customers
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
4+ years of experience in Control & Compliance related functions like Operational Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, Program/Project Management, Business/Operations/ Finance functions within the Banking or Financial Services Industry.
•Knowledge of PRSA Program, Spreadsheet Control Policy and Record Retention Policy
•Experience of Risk and Control disciplines, Audit Approach, Sarbanes Oxley and PRSA Processes
• Strong interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships partnership with peers in operational risk functions outside business unit and central operational risk management group, SOX Office and other such risk subject matter experts
• Ability to clearly communicate operational risk requirements and work proactively with management to implement.
• Knowledge of Amex business & systems is an advantage
• Archer, Advanced MS-Excel (including Macros), & PowerPoint
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage