Senior Buisness Analyst
More jobs by this advertiser
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Services Group (GSG) brings together the company’s external and internal servicing functions, and includes the below world-class organizations:
• Global Servicing Network, which provides exceptional care to our external customers, and
• Global Business Services, which provides many of the vital internal services that make American Express run efficiently
Global Business Services
Global Business Services (GBS) is a shared services organization that brings together key internal functions to support all of American Express. GBS colleagues manage procurement, real estate, sales operations & business enablement, and partner with business units to execute complex change initiatives.
Emerging as the Enterprise Sales Operations & Business Enablement utility (SABE) within GBS is an internal servicing team providing sale performance reporting, platform servicing & capabilities, marketing operations & other business enablement services driving standardization & agility for the organization. GBS & SABE’s vision is to make internal servicing as strong as external servicing and thus it keeps pushing the boundaries for Sales & marketing group’s effectiveness through innovative use of technology & process transformation.
Purpose of the Role:
Data research, validation and accurate industry classification of merchants for Industry Bonusing specific categories.
Manage E2E data governance for CRMD database
• Ensure accurate industry classification of merchants at a very granular level for Industry Bonusing specific categories
• Responsible for analyzing data trends and suggesting changes in business rules for governance
• Accurate classification of data attributes by extensive research and validation
• Strong understanding of merchant life cycle
• An understanding Card Bonusing categories and specific Card Bonusing terms and conditions
• Manage Quality of the output to ensure defect free output
Critical Factors to Success:
• Focus on delivering business results with servicing and innovation at their core
• Enhance customer service experience by incorporating self-servicing capabilities
• Ensure the quality of validation, suggested changes must be relevant
• Provide timely insights and analysis on impact made on different industries by research and validation
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Graduate / Post Graduate in Engineering, Statistics, OR, Management, Science or other quantitative disciplines
3+ years with relevant experience across
• Data Research & Data Mining
• Reporting and Analytics
Preferred: Strong understanding of merchant life cycle.
Problem solving skills
•Data handling and reporting
• Analytical thought process
• Payment or financial service industry experience
•Reporting Capabilities & VBA programming
• Tableau or any other data visualization tool
Knowledge of Platforms:
MS Office Suite
•Visual Basic Applications/ MS Access
• SAS EG
• Data visualization tools
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage