Associate, Investment Banking-19035289
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the business and the major clients with the aim of identifying appropriate marketing opportunities.
- Developing strong relationships internally with key product partners.
To support strategic relationships with clients and to be viewed by clients as a credible support advisor
- Effectively manage all aspects of the deal process
- Best in class M and A and strategic finance transaction execution
- Be conversant across regulatory, finance, governance, designated industry or country specialism and complex strategic issues
- The Corporate and Investment Banking business provides financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring) and capital-raising projects and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide.
- The position sits within the Investment Banking
- Grow revenue from the portfolio of relationships - having helped dimension the full opportunity
- Market and execute deals using a coordinated approach with other teams and Seniors
- Liaise with Citi’s network to develop the relationships globally
- Develop and execute business which optimally leverage bank resources
- Manage clients’ expectations and effectively engage in difficult discussions with clients
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Working with group MDs and Directors on managing relationships with clients and client liaison
- Working with group to execute transactions and share into responsibility to run deal timetable day-to-day
- Responsibility for managing production of analytics and presentation materials
- Responsibility for co-ordination of working parties upwards and downwards, across teams and external parties (e.g. client, lawyers, and consultants)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the developments in the core product set to explore and refer opportunities.
- Source and create marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Senior Bankers.
- Demonstrate an in-depth industry and specific product expertise
- Proven successful advisory mandates
- Prior experience working in Investment Banking
- Have been responsible for multi-client coverage
- Credible client presence
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and how they meet client needs.
- Experience of analyzing financial data and financial modelling
- Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base
- Organizational – Managing business across a large client portfolio with diverse client teams
- Verbal and Written – Communicating the detail of complex client relationship to a broad range of internal contacts
- Ability to present information in a clear, creative and persuasive manner
- Ability to efficiently plan and organize own workload within tight deadlines
- Proactivity - Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client
- Investment Banking background gained from a reputable firm where you will have gained first class training and development as a banker
- Educated to degree level with a minimum grade of 2:1 (or equivalent experience)
- MBA qualification or advanced degree would be highly advantageous (or equivalent experience)
- Applicable regulatory licenses
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the client group, balancing client requirements and Citi’s priorities
- Motivation and drive to take a leading role within the organization
- Self-starter - prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through
- Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer