Asset Servicing Senior Mgr-19028163
The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of approx. 15 Corporate actions operations team members in Dublin.
The following aspects of the role as a Section Manager are essential:
- Build an effective working relationship with and between the team members and to guide them in their tasks and development.
- Regular effective one to one sessions with direct reports and a planned approach to staff development.
- Identify issues or operational inefficiencies within the team and to build a strong, controlled working environment, concentrating on error prevention and mitigation
- Strong skill sets and experience in respect of acting as key relationship and escalation point for the different processes within the Section
- Prepare and analyse ad hoc risk management requests by Senior Management, internal and external auditors/regulators
- Coordinate presentation decks for internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively seek to identify business reporting and analytical needs, streamline processes and evaluate key drivers for monthly variances and trend analysis of various parameters
- Participate actively in systems enhancement projects and UAT for key automation initiatives
- Comply with Citibank policies and procedures to ensure security of the bank's and customers’ information
- Monitor metrics driven performance management culture in the Section.
- Support the risk assessment program within Citi including oversight, tracking, and reporting of the Manager’s Control Assessments (MCA)
- Support internal audits and external examinations preparedness activities across all Regions
- Provide strong oversight of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) remediation activities for both Self-Identified Issues (SII) and audit issues to ensure they are completed on time and with the appropriate level of quality
- Assist in all interactions with Internal Audit (IA) including deliverables management, audit fieldwork, business monitoring, and meetings
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data is provided for the Operational and Risk and Controls reports including regional / global management metrics tracking, preparing, data proofing, and reporting.
This role offers the opportunity to manage a Section of approx. 15 people. The successful candidate will be given the chance to broaden his/her knowledge of the Corporate actions Product set and focus on managing key relationships with stakeholders.
This is a senior role and is an ideal position for a candidate with strong Industry knowledge and management experience, particularly in relation to back office support.
The role will also present opportunities for involvement in departmental and inter departmental initiatives which are outside the daily tasks performed by the team.
The role will provide opportunity to the candidate to participate in cross functional initiatives, being part of the overall management team within Asset Servicing Operations
- Extensive years of Financial services experience with prior people management experience – should have managed teams with diverse skills sets
- Knowledge of Corporate Actions in order to provide guidance to the Operations Team
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong computer & communication skills, both oral and written
- Skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Demonstrable confidence in dealing with external parties in a professional environment
- Ability to analyze current procedures & strive for process & qualitative improvement
- Provide an excellent standard of service to our clients both internally and externally and represent the operations group in a competent and professional manner with external vendors and clients.
- Strong leadership skills and management presence in senior forums
- Must be able to quickly identify trends and statistics in large data sets and communicate those trends in an effective manner to a wide audience
- Must be able to convey risk reporting concepts and findings to senior management
- Effective communication and presentation skills across multiple management level
- Strong management presence
- Good understanding of risk processes and management, corporate finance, and portfolio management
- Must be able to identify data quality issues and work collaboratively as the lead across various groups to resolve
- Familiarity with project planning, gap analysis and ability to deliver solutions within a matrix organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work in multi-disciplinary tasks involving global partners
- Critical Thinking and Problem solving capabilities – ability to identify and address root cause and bring issues to logical conclusion
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer