Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA. It has a presence in 22 countries in Europe, covering several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with Revenue of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion.
Given the size and importance of CEP in the European Banking arena, CEP is considered a European “Significant Institution” by the European Central Bank and is directly supervised by the Single Supervisory Mechanism in Frankfurt.
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
The Enterprise Risk Manager will be a part of the CEP Enterprise Risk team. Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for providing a holistic view on the risk management function. The team develops and ensures implementation of risk frameworks and policies in line with increasing regulatory expectations and requirements, oversight of adherence to Risk Appetite limits, coordinates risk reporting and provides input into key CEP governance documents such as the Strategic Plan, ICAAP, and Pillar III Disclosures.
The Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for coordinating and driving core risk governance processes for CEP. These include, but are not limited to, the Material Risk Assessment and Evaluation Process, the review and updating of the Board’s Risk Appetite Statement in connection with the Strategic Plan and the Risk Department’s inputs and challenge to the ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process). The Enterprise Risk Manager will be involved in a wide variety of projects, initiatives and ad-hoc requests supporting changes in CEP risk profile, development of new products introduced into CEP and greater focus on risk governance.
In addition, the Enterprise Risk Manager will assist in ensuring that CEP complies with appropriate Citi policies and procedures, industry best risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk.
• Coordinate and manage the annual Material Risk Assessment and Evaluation process, involving all Business Lines, Corporate Treasury, Operations and IT, Finance and Risk.
• Lead the review, analysis and update of the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement, which sets limits of tolerance in pursuit of its Strategy. This requires working with and seeking input from colleagues across all three lines of defence.
• Lead the Risk Department’s input to and challenge of the ICAAP and Recovery Plan.
• Document the outcome of these processes, prepare and present to senior management and the Board as appropriate on developments and proposed changes.
• Ensure that risk and control assessment reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
• Assist with information requests from Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank, External Auditors and Internal Audit.
• Assist in ensuring that enterprise risk component of relevant audits, inspections and reviews are completed successfully. Ensure that any enterprise risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed.
Experience and Skills:
• Extensive years relevant enterprise risk experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management and governance processes in a significant licenced banking institution.
• Strong familiarity with regulatory landscape facing EU banks.
• Post-graduate education in Economic, Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal) at all organisational levels.
• Excellent teamwork and project management skills.
• Expresses complex or detailed issues simply so that others understand principals of risk issues despite complexity of models or volume of information.
• Ability to interact across all areas of the organisation and at all levels.
What we Offer
Exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced global banking environment. The role will give the candidate exposure to engage with senior management in risk and across the business.
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• Competitive paid annual leave.
• A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions.
• Life assurance cover.
• Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover.
• Citi also supports a further education policy.
• Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects.
• Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes.
• Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer