Cards Portfolio Manager-19036061
The incumbent will manage portfolio actions related to spend and customer engagement across Middle East cluster (UAE and Bahrain). This includes programs for spend activation, a robust portfolio segmentation to define and implement an effective segment-based strategy to optimize spends and revenues.
Citi has a valuable Consumer franchise in the Middle East and is looking at further expanding the bank’s leading presence in the region. UAE has an extraordinary growth opportunity given the rapidly expanding middle and upper classes and the accelerating process of urbanization.
UAE Credit Cards is a highly profitable business. There is an expansion plan to grow the business while ensuring top of the line products and business proposition.
- Grow per account metrics via impactful campaigns to increase spend and loyalty, designing and executing targeted inactive / low utilization / high payment / pay-down-revolver ECM campaigns across the cluster
- Spearhead the planning and implementation of spend campaigns (local and foreign spend) for cards portfolio to increase portfolio spend by 8-10%+ year-on-year:
- Manage an annual marketing calendar of major campaigns with firm roll-out dates
- Develop discipline of constant success tracking of any portfolio campaign
- Segment portfolio and align opportunities with the Partnerships team to ensure that any customer campaigns are relevant, drive take-up rate and positively influence customer behaviour:
- Build model for tailored offers to bring customer wow and higher spends/revenues
- Leverage the Spend-Diversity-Index (SDI) concept to drive spend and loyalty. Increase the portfolio SDI as a success measure of better customer engagement
- Build structured loyalty programs/promotions to cover dining, lifestyle, entertainment, travel, shopping, online spend etc.
- Manage and own the credit cards communication:
- Build overall communication strategy in terms of right media mix and message relevance/simplicity while taking into account segment/product specific customer behaviour
- Integrated marketing across media for major campaigns
- Streamline communication by reducing number of EDMs received by each customer while making it more relevant
- Establish a way to track who actually reads our communication
- Drive analytics agenda with the Decision Management team to:
- measure customer engagement (e.g. who enrolled / used our offers and CVP offerings like free golf, airport lounge access etc.)
- develop a customer segmentation beyond simple demographics
- capture lifestyle needs of various segments in the portfolio
- commercialize Rainbow / Avatar capabilities to generate customer-based offers at real-time
- ability to use big data (merchant recommendation engine)
- Work on initiatives to ensure a better customer experience with respect to card acceptability and usage, promote online card usage and recurring payments to ensure that Citi card is top-of-wallet and we get maximum share of customers spend
- Excellent opportunity to work on a very profitable portfolio with a high revenue per account, work in a market with huge potential
- Project management experience, opportunity to work with cross-functional teams
- Opportunity to work on digital commercialization initiatives
- Gain deeper expertise in Portfolio analytics to optimize product profitability
- Work with other Citi businesses across to region to learn best practices
- 5+ years Cards business experience
- Understanding of key portfolio marketing disciplines
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Preparation of investment proposals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and finance skills
- Exposure to big data analytics
- Project management skills
- Commercial skills to assess program viability
- Undergraduate or higher degree in Business or Marketing.
- Leadership and decision making qualities
- Team work
- Result oriented
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer