Compliance Risk Management Sr Analyst-19036985
Description About Citi:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
• Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
• Analyzing comparative data and preparing regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
• Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements. Identifying and addressing potential risks.
• Investigating and assisting in responses to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
• Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures.
• Preparing, editing and maintaining Compliance program related materials.
• Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Participating in the development, delivery and coordination of additional UKIs across the CRM Framework that will be aggregated into Compliance Risk Appetite
• Coordinates with data providers and reporting team to update any processes and procedures
• Manages the governance of the UKIs developed as thematic analysis and root cause must be assessed
• Preparing required documentation and presenting UKI performance and other risk appetite analysis for board material and other business, entities, regional committees
o Produce quarterly board reporting for applicable business sectors and/or material legal entity Risk Appetite Frameworks and partner with the first line of defence on assessment if operating within the Compliance Risk Appetite.
• Interaction and working with other areas that are partners or stakeholders (i.e. ORM, Risk, Risk Category Owners, Data providers)
• Analyzing comparative and possibly complex data used to support the UKIs that will be used for the preparation of reporting to business sectors, entities and/or other regional areas.
Required: Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
• Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
• Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) • Knowledge in area of focus
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.