Compl Product Officer - Marketing Copy Review-19036827
Serves as a business compliance risk
officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) to provide compliance
oversight for marketing copy and related disclosures in respect of U.S. Cards
and installment lending products and features. Responsible for assisting with
internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent
violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management
framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and
protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function
coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions
that meet the function/business/product and customer needs in a manner
consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include
monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice
relating to the supported cards marketing and guidance on
function/business/product rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies
Key activities include:
in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class
Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Review marketing copy for compliance with
US regulatory requirements
- Providing guidance on rules and
regulations relating to function/business/product operational issues, as
well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal
- Assisting with regulatory
inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with
regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other
internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations,
Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to
address compliance issues which may impact the supported
- Supporting cards marketing in
performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development
and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product.
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and
implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply
with the rules.
- Exercising professional
judgment and discretion in assessing compliance risk and providing
credible challenge across the entirety of the marketing copy life cycle,
including ideation, creation, and fulfillment, including related
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work
collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently;
ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and
capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word,
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional partners
to identify situations/issues, craft feasible and practical solutions, and
drive implementation and sustainability.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization, influence
without direct authority, and drive change.
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
knowledge of consumer marketing processes and industry practices and standards.
- Detailed knowledge of US consumer credit related
laws and regulations, with particular focus on consumer marketing laws and
Regulation Z provisions regarding marketing of open-end consumer lending.
Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or
legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the
related operations and financial requirements
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: MBA or JD a plus
Related certifications desirable