As a new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to develop additional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives by enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
Our product designers know it’s not enough to help people get things done, you need to help them get it done in the best way possible. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here.
As a senior product designer at LoungeBuddy, you will be responsible for designing new features across all of the products. You will have a key role in the entire design process, including qualitative and quantitative research, ideation, and prototyping. You will be working with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and an excellent user experience. Our brand is showcased through our design, so a focus on how our company is represented by ensuring consistency across all of the company’s assets is critical. You will help build upon and refine our design system - and advocate for a consistent user experience across the LoungeBuddy platform through your design aesthetics and keen attention to detail.
Specifically, you will be working on LoungeBuddy.com, LoungeBuddy for iPhone, LoungeBoss (our proprietary lounge check-in experience), and the LoungeBuddy Partner Portal (a web portal for partners to manage their lounge locations). In addition to working on our primary products, you will be assisting with promotional, onboarding, and other design-related projects and presentations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Who are you?
• You are comfortable working within an existing framework, and when no framework is provided, you are capable of building and defining your own processes.
• You have a strong work ethic, and not only complete tasks, but constantly seek opportunities to hone your craft and design the best solutions possible.
• You care deeply about the quality of your work, and go the extra mile to make sure all details have been vetted, researched, and clearly communicated.
• An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
• An extensive background in design, with a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
• Solid analytical, creative, and visual thinker with excellent communication skills.
• Experience with qualitative research.
• Will thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
What will you be doing?
• You will be designing new features that launch across all of our products.
• Drive research explorations and critique sessions, share feedback with stakeholders, and assist with making data-driven product decisions.
• Ensure consistency across our web and mobile products, by helping to build and refine our
design system and communicating changes to the team.
• Understand our customer’s needs, motivations, and behaviors by employing a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including interviews, usability studies, and competitive research.
• Promotional, onboarding, and other design-related projects and presentations.
• Expert-level knowledge working in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Interaction design and prototyping skills (Framer, Principle, InVision, etc.).
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design.
• Experience with qualitative research.
• 3+ years of experience as an individual contributor working across multiple platforms (mobile and web) on products that have shipped.
• Illustration, graphic, and/or motion design skills.
*Please share your portfolio when applying to this role, thank you*
*Please share your portfolio and a cover letter when applying to this role, thank you.*
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
|Location:||United States California San Francisco|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.