GF - Event Marketing - Senior Project Coordinator-19037021
Develop and execute event projects - responsible for seamless event execution and a key contact for event queries, policies and external resource planning.
- Event Marketing subject matter expert having experience working with C-suite/ senior clients.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with multiple business partners, senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Support cross-business event marketing project requirements and manage/ support new initiatives and projects.
- Support the GEM Unit Head in Singapore.
- Plan and manage best-in-class events for Citi working across all businesses. Project manage and successfully deliver assigned portfolio of meetings & events. These include conferences & seminars, trade shows, dinners and receptions, town halls, sponsorship activation events, senior visits, Client Dining events, etc.
- Manage and arrange all logistics, vendors, venues and negotiate budgets for assigned projects.
- Liaise directly with business partners and provide strategic and tactical recommendations around their event marketing programs/ projects.
- Communicate and adhere to Citi policies as well as Global Event Marketing policies and best practices.
- Manage financial reporting and required administrative documentation for assigned events/ projects.
- Support the team for all assigned projects including any key regional and global initiatives, including onsite support across different locations as required or assigned.
- Direct and close liaison with GEM Project Managers, including support on events in Singapore or across the region/ other countries.
- Suggest most appropriate vendors, venues and event programs to create a creative yet cost effective solution for clients.
- Organisation of all event logistics - hotel accommodation, venues, banqueting and F&B, printing, design, staging, entertainment, AV and technical set-up, etc.
- Detailed budgeting, pre-event and post-event costing, focus on negotiation and cost saves.
- Managing the administrative process for the team, which includes ensuring payment of invoices, and finalising required audit-ready documentation.
- Liaison with clients / attendees.
- Total project management from inception to completion.
- Carrying out site-inspection trips and provide on-site management of events as assigned.
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with all partners and business stakeholders.
- Act as liaison to raise awareness and governance around event policy.
- Ensure correct and consistent branding of all events
- Ensure that all meetings & events are executed with the highest standard.
- Responsibility to own projects and drive event initiatives.
- A broad range of projects across businesses will enable job-holder to experience many different aspects of meetings & events and allow for creativity and autonomy.
- Interact/ communicate with senior levels within the organisation.
- Opportunity to work on regional or global event marketing projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working on projects with C-Suite (e.g., CEO/ Senior Management) level clients.
- Proven success in being customer-focused; ability to interact effectively with senior leadership and to develop constructive relationships with more senior colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Must have excellent proficiency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in Mandarin is desirable.
- High level of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, knowledge of database management.
- Flexibility in work hours - must be able to work non-traditional hours and weekends, and have a flexible travel schedule when required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in planning and managing major/ special meetings and events, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Extensive knowledge of venues, vendors and event partners (local and regional)
- Willing to travel up to 30% of time.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with experience communicating and managing at a senior level.
- Creativity and ability to generate new ideas for events as well as inspire other team members
- Good negotiation skills with quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills to handle projects that have long and short lead times.
- Ability to work independently and execute projects with limited supervision.
- Collaborative "team player" orientation with a strong regional and multi-cultural awareness.