Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job: In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Create visual/graphic content both in motion and static form
- Deliver fresh approaches to creative and digital media as trends evolve
- Research, Design, Develop and Deliver creative concepts for shop floor/online activations and various internal/external communications
- Takes initiative to come up with and implement new creative concepts to improve the company’s presence online and offline
- Produce digital/dynamic content (animated GIFs, Cinemographs, kinetic typography, storytelling videos) that are to be used to build awareness and engage our online audience across the Qatar Duty Free website, social media and third party advertising platforms
- Clearly understand the needs of the business and contribute to deliver targets that meet the annual marketing calendar and the overall company strategy
- Collaborates with and guides junior designers to ensure every project is delivered to high quality standards.
- Responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of creative activities, illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts, Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval, activities including(not limited to): designing corporate and tactical - ads, flyers, posters, POS material, pre-press materials, promotional material, collateral, exhibition images, providing logos guidelines, images & graphic materials for web use.
- Applies and finalizes business creative requirements to the master layouts and artworks for all major campaigns and design initiatives, packaging, corporate advertising, ensuring standards and procedures with regard to use of fonts, imagery, colour schemes and overall appeal of all collaterals are within guidelines.
- Oversee all creative materials e.g.: Print, Radio, TVC, Logos, Corporate guidelines and ensure archiving, copying, and filing of all sources are completed accurately and maintained timely.
- Responsible for the design, artwork and execution of the In-flight Magazine ensuring that all materials/ design meet the company standards and the design/artwork/printing quality of the magazine are fit for purpose to generate more sales.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all print materials for press, completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.to ensure timely and accurate completion.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Experience in Print and production, publishing, software development of at least 5 years
Job Specific Skills:
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail
- Capable to deliver tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, In Design
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport