opportunity exists to join the A4 Surgical Ward at Wollongong Hospital.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- the provision of person centred; evidence- based nursing care that promotes positive health outcomes;
- nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team;
- will work in therapeutic and professional relationships with individuals, as well as families, groups and communities;
- will assist in the provision of supervision and support for less experienced clinicians and will maintain their professional accountability and development in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia's Standards of Practice.
Where you’ll be working
Wollongong Hospital is the Illawarra and
Shoalhaven’s major referral and teaching hospital and has bed base of more than
500. The campus, which incorporates the Illawarra Regional Cancer Care Centre,
provides a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community-based
Wollongong is located an hours
drive south of Sydney on a narrow coastal strip bordered by the Royal
National Park to the north, Lake Illawarra to the south, the Tasman Sea to the
east and the Illawarra Escarpment to the west. Learn more about the
lifestyle benefits of living and working in Wollongong.
Wollongong Hospital is committed to
equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its
workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and
Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
The values of the Illawarra
Shoalhaven Local Health District guide the behaviour and professional standards
of our staff and underpin the ways in which we engage with our patients and
consumers. Our CORE Values are Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
Visit our ISLHD
Youtube Channel to see our people and location in action
and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date @IllaShoalHealth.
applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination
history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant
must be certified as compliant with http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2018_009 before
employment can commence.
eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Full-Time
and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a
temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or
citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable
labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
|Location:||Australia New South Wales Wollongong|
|Salary:||$62,619.50 - $87,926.11 AUD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.