Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
About your job ::
The Lead Technical Officer - Motor Transport (MT) is responsible for managing the in-house Motor Transport Maintenance Team to deliver a 5-star facility management service, maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance works on department equipment, vehicles, apparatus, other vehicles and assets at Doha International Airport (DIA) & Hamad International Airport (HIA) including but not limited to the vehicle and specialist fleet of Ground Service Equipment (GSE) equipment.
Manage MT Ground /workshop staffs, drivers and operators in the completion of daily work and assignments.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the large and diverse vehicle fleets, be well versed on regulations and requirements of fleet management and have practical experience in safety management and regulations governing fleet management.
- Supervision/Management of the technical aspects of any major works on Ground Service Equipment (GSE) fleet and external contractor works.
- Coordinate and supervise the facilities management in-house MT Maintenance Team and any external contractors in performing maintenance, inspection, and repairs of all airport vehicles, GSE equipment and systems to meet the stipulated KPl's, equipment availability in compliance to Qatar Road Regulations, Airport Regulations and MOI requirements and identify areas for improvement and efficiency of all maintenance works in HIA & DIA Motor Transport.
- Enforcement and compliance of all GSE maintenance strategies, procedures, methods of work etc, amongst the Maintenance Team.
- Manage the successful completion of all in-house delivered planned maintenance activities on all assets across the MT department and under the scope of HIA FM, by regularly monitoring the maintenance delivery performance of the in-house Maintenance Teams through effective data analysis from the Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (OEAM) Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensure all corrective maintenance activities are responded to and completed by the in-house Maintenance Team(MT), within established KPl's and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) as applicable and working for Cl performance utilizing data from OEAM in regular performance review meetings.
- Operate an effective and inclusive safety culture across all employees in the MT team, through regular safety briefings, toolbox talks, audits, monitoring safety performance KPl's and delivering improvement actions as required.
- Ensure compliance to the HIA Asset Management System by all direct employees, through regular communications and engagement, and by monitoring performance against KPl's defined in the HIA Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP).
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual maintenance budget for MT Department and managing expenditure by regular budget reviews, identifying variance against forecast along with MT Manager.
- Assure the regulatory compliance of the GSE equipment maintained by conducting periodic audits of applicable assets/systems and their maintenance records, and ensuring any observations are closed out on a timely basis.
- Prepare, coordinate & assist in the preparation of special reports, presentation, approval papers, technical specification, quotation/ tender document, operation and maintenance manuals, maintenance standards, maintenance plan/schedule and other relevant documents as requested by the MT Manager.
- Facilitate investigations into the performance of people, plant and process, by conducting root cause analysis into failures and opportunities for improvement, to support the performance of the MT Department against the business objectives.
- Perform sample quality assurance audits of planned maintenance activities completed on all MT assets in HIA & DIA, in alignment with the quality assurance SOP, to verify the quality of the work completed.
- Perform other Department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Establish the Department or Teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
Relevant College or University qualification to min. Bachelor's level
University study of auto-electric or mechanics or electro-mechanics or mechatronic engineering.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience
MT experience; or seven (7) years as an MT service officer with demonstrated abilities to perform MT Tasks.
Job Specific Skills:
• Knowledge of the principles of internal combustion and diesel engine operation.
• Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and standard practices for automotive and truck repair. Thorough understanding of the hazards and safety precautions required during vehicle repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of methods of basic fabrication.
• Knowledge of electronic control systems (i.e., engine, transmission, anti-lock brake system, etc.). Command of English language.
• Must possess strong leadership, organizational and communication skills. Good communication and coordination skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Knowledge of international standards and safety rules.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System and Fleet Management Systems
• First aid.
• Judgment & Analysis.
• Decision Making.
• Problem Solving and Troubleshooting.
• Emergency Response
• Business Acumen.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport