Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
About your job::
You will carry out sweeping activities with mechanical sweeping equipment, transport services using vans, delivery of materials using pickup on company property ensuring that all tasks are completed in a safe and timely way. You are required to drive heavy vehicle within the airport airside.
- To manoeuvre heavy duty sweepers within the airside and aircraft manoeuvring areas to clean and clear foreign object debris using mechanical sweepers.
- Inspects Heavy Vehicle for defects before and after trips through visual inspection and mechanical checks reporting any discrepancies to supervisor to ensure/ achieve safety standards are met.
- Transports staff and / or materials with pickups / vans to and from specified destinations to support daily maintenance activities.
- Manoeuvres Heavy Vehicle in and around tight comers, through the airside and aware of traffic regulation and not to hinder to airport operations by following airside safety rules.
- Ensure the delivery timetables are met by achieving time to respond to site and time to complete tasks as per department KPl's.
- Maintain company vehicles in good condition and to acceptable standards, reporting vehicle and engine problems by means of daily visual inspections / mechanical inspections to avoid safety hazard on the airside.
- Notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repair needs by radio / phone / daily shift report or direct reporting to ensure corrective maintenance is carried out accordingly.
- High School Qualification (e.g. 0 level, Year 10, min compulsory education).
- Primary level education with the ability to speak and write in English.
- A valid Qatar driving license or equivalent valid GCC Heavy Goods Vehicle license.
- Experienced - minimum 2 years of job-related experience required.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good driving skills, sense of direction and aware of traffic regulations
- Able to perform to handle Heavy Vehicle satisfactorily.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of High School Certificate
4. Copy of Driving License