Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job:
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide a clean, safe and hygienic environment at all times.
- Supervise day to day cleaning activities within the NDIA, Food & Beverage Facilities.
- Allocate cleaning tasks and responsibilities to cleaners to enable all cleaning to be carried out in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of clean and sanitized equipment for kitchen operation.
- Organise regular supply of approved products and equipment to the Department.
- Ensure effective pest control is carried out in coordination with the outsourced pest control contract staff.
- Document & record cleaning materials stocks and monthly inventory.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Production and Operations on daily activities.
- Reduce chemical consumption and equipment costs.
- Implementation of Hygiene & Safety guidelines and instructions.
- Impart necessary training on the safe use of cleaning products, equipment and machinery to cleaning staff.
- Coordinate effectively with stores for smooth supply of chemicals and budgeted equipment.
- Schedule shifts, leaves and staff days off ensuring sufficient cover remains at all times in line with the business needs.
- Lead by example and activity plays a role in maintaining hygiene practices
- Mentor and train staff
- Ensure 100% compliance to HACCP practices, identify areas of non compliance
- Monitor F & B Sanitation practices and records, submit all completed formats to the Executive Chef on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the correct removal of waste and garbage in-line with NDIA sanitation practices and procedures
- Plan and prepare for further department growth which will extend the departments scope of work
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High school qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Knowledge of Hygiene and Health and Safety
- Previous experience with a structured hygienic environment, following international standards
- Knowledge of computer application (MS Office, JD Edwards is an added advantage)
- 5 years as a Cleaning in charge in a hotel/catering industry
- Knowledge of different cleaning chemicals and machinery
Job Specific Skills:
- Oral and written communication skills, with a good knowledge of English
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform a full range of physical tasks (may require heavy lifting)
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workflow
- Ability to read and interpret and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to monitor and oversee all HACCP & QA programmes efficiently
- Control Costs in chemicals and disposables
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport