Hamad International Airport
Hamad International Airport (HIA) is the hub for the rapidly expanding international Qatar Airways network. Open 24/7 and located just five km from Doha's city centre, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines. It is also home to the world’s only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers.
About your job::
You will register, vet and assist in the supervision of all contractors proposing to undertake works on the Airport and to control access to the Airport’s critical engineering areas and manage the technical operation and maintenance documentation on behalf of the Maintenance section.
You will act as appointed person for:
- Assurance of confined space permits and Airfield operations work permits for contractors.
- Assurance of hot works permits to contractors working landside in low risk areas/remote areas away from buildings.
- Assurance of underground service clearance permits.
You will promote safety and issue safety signage for sites as deemed applicable.
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification.
- Minimum of a diploma in an Engineering discipline from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of Permits to Work, Method Statements and Risk Assessments essential.
- Good knowledge and understanding of safety practices.
- Knowledge of Radio Telephony procedures, together with familiarity with air side areas, and confined space locations
- Knowledge of confined space, work at heights, fire evacuations, LOTO, electrical safety, civil safety.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
Job Specific Skills:
- A proven understanding of Health & Safety matters.
- Familiar with building and construction techniques.
- The ability to assess the competence and willingness of contractors to carry out works safety and in accordance with the Airport's Safety Procedures.
- Good knowledge of site safety inspections.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate