Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
To be part of the IT technical delivery team, responsible for managing business requirements and ensuring that the IT solutions meet the stated business objectives. Activities may involve requirements gathering, analysis, documenting functional & interfaces specifications, non-functional requirements, preparing test scenarios and test cases, executing system tests, support business user acceptance tests, support business roll-out and provide post go-live 2nd level system support.
This role is responsible for analyzing and documenting business processes and new system requirements for assigned business areas. Develop a process in line with company policies to support third party and in-house developed systems, demonstrate adherence to the process and ensure compliance to the agreed SLAs.
- Hands on knowledge in providing business support and requirements management for large and complex Tier ‘0’ application for airlines is a must, including application change release management, vendor management, SLA monitoring
- Hands-on with managing application change request management, preparing requirement and testing artefacts, supporting business users for implementation tasks
- Provide 24X7 System Support ensuring continuity and quality, with on premise and / or on-call availability of Support staff.
- Perform User Management and Data Administration functions for selected Technical Systems.
- Conduct data analysis and monitor system usage to ensure identified data controls are in place. Liaise with Data Owners within Technical to ensure any data inconsistencies are rectified immediately.
- Execute regular releases of selected existing systems, with auditable records of all testing by the System Support & Subject Matter Expert teams from Technical Departments.
- Execute integrated test plans, test scenarios as well as user acceptance and regression test packs for selected Technical Systems.
- Extract and prepare weekly, monthly, KPI reporting using Technical MIS Repository.
- Assist business areas in identifying potential IT opportunities exploring use of new technologies
- Analyze and document the business requirements, system interface specifications and non-functional requirements, strictly following the QRIT SGI guidelines and templates. May have to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support business units in preparation of business cases for automation, assist in procurement process like sourcing, evaluation
- Work along-side QRIT Account Management team to plan, budget, and deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs.
- Interact with external / internal IT teams for designing and documenting the system interfaces
- Analyze and document business process models (as is and to be) using techniques such as UML modelling and tools.
- Conduct system testing and manage the defect lifecycle, work with the development team to ensure timely closure of the defects.
- Support user acceptance testing and timely sign-off.
- Support business users in the review of production data and configuration set-up (system parameters, access privileges, seed data set-up etc).
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions, support end user training
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
To be successful in the role you must:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level.
- 5 years in Software Development and Maintenance
- 10+ year demonstrable knowledge and experience in airline/MRO domain, development, implementation and support of aircraft maintenance engineering software systems is required to be successful.
- Detailed knowledge in one or more of these functions (airline/MRO material planning, procurement, inventory management & logistics, accounting & invoicing, aircraft configuration management, AD/SB management, Part-M and Part-145 maintenance requirement compliance process)
- Though not essential, experience with TRAX will be an advantage
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Copy of Passport