Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:: Responsible for providing long term business intelligence, metrics and data analysis within the Manpower planning Department and across the difference functions of Flight Operations, taking the lead to develop business change and providing analytical evidence for strategic plans to support the continuing growth of the organization and ensure the best available analysis and metrics are available to decision makers.
This role will focus on all areas of data management architecture, statistical analysis and operational performance metrics definition & monitoring and will provide analytical and project management support in the development of divisional strategic plans, initiatives and special projects
- Seek, understand and evaluate the future reporting requirements and data analysis strategy of MPP department and advise the senior management regarding any relevant changes in strategy and information requirements for impact assessment.
- Design and implement a standard methodology of delivery of reports and submissions including data extraction, evaluation, report design, analysis, and quality control.
- Develop project management methodologies, process improvement frameworks and implementation of quality models to achieve agreed KPIs and scorecards.
- Drive and oversee data collection, research, and analysis for informed decision-making.
- Ensure research and analysis is conducted on a regular basis with an objective of improving productivity and minimizing cost in developing long-term crew resource plans to assess strategic resourcing requirements and issues.
- Define the quality, output and presentation of operational statistical data to achieve meaningful insight.
- Evaluate existing analytics and operational reports from usability, readability and performance point of view and provide recommendations of improvement.
- Assess departmental performance against international benchmarks by leading and designing measurement of key performance metrics so the department has actionable and robust metrics in place to drive business improvement and is at the forefront of good practice.
- Apply effective concepts, technical principles, and theories of operational research and advanced analytics to provide the most accurate analysis and documentation of the relevant systems of components.
- Determine and develop solutions to a wide range of issues related to the many separate data sources to integrate this varying data into a unified output and responsible for the resolution or defects or faults within the relevant systems.
- Ensure agreed statistical methods are applied and mathematical calculations are performed to determine viability of current processes, requirements and standards and propose changes to said processes, requirements and standards.
- Manage the interface and communication between technical and business teams to ensure analytical input and guidance to development plans are exchanged, which results in optimized process integration.
- Identify and prioritise key systems development requirements that meet strategic objectives of the department and communicate changes to resource plans, their impact, reasons and required actions to the Flight crew, Cabin crew functions.
- Develop business cases and gain sign off and resources for system development, develop executive briefing material and supporting documentation for communicating plans to senior management.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level
- Financial management and budgetary experience
- Experience in IT and project management
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Minimum 6 years’ (if holds master’s degree)
- Previous airline experience
- Previous experience in an analytical role, project management and/or optimisation
Job Specific Skills:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate ability to think strategically and formulate strategic plans to drive cross-departmental initiatives.
- Must have proven tracking record for meeting/exceeding goals.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and facility for establishing relationship cross-functionality and cross-divisionally.
- Intermediate/advanced level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Understanding of Crew Resources and performance management functions.
- Grasp of commercial impacts and financial/budgetary work.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate