An opportunity has become available for a Podiatrist - Senior (Diabetes Resource Centre) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Fulfilling the accountabilities and responsibilities of this role in accordance with Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS), purpose and objectives
- Providing supervision to pre-entry level podiatry students, if applicable. It may also be required to provide professional support and supervision to other GCHHS Podiatrists
- Delivering high level podiatry clinical and consultancy services for acute, high risk and at risk foot pathology accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards
- Providing advanced level clinical advice to professional and operational supervisors, relevant service managers and other stakeholders regarding service delivery of Podiatry Services
- Ensuring patients and other staff are treated fairly and with mutual respect and understanding, regardless of cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment as required by HR Policy B1: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or the relevant professional board
- The possession of at least a tertiary degree or equivalent qualification in Podiatry is a requirement for this role
- Post graduate experience is highly desirable
- While not mandatory, possession of post-graduate qualifications (e.g. Masters Degree) from a relevant accredited training program or equivalent would be well regarded
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $106 833 - $114 960 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About (Diabetes Resource Centre)
High Risk Foot Service is a Podiatry led service aimed at increasing access to assessment, care planning and interventions for patients with high risk of developing foot ulcers that can lead to amputation if not managed in a timely and appropriate fashion. The Diabetes team consists of a dietitian, podiatrist, ADEA credentialled Diabetes educators and endocrinologists. The service provides treatment to clients of the Gold Coast and Robina Hospitals, and Community centres such as Palm Beach.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Wednesday, 28 August 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC320170
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.