Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45 per hour
Hours Per Week: 14
Requisition ID: REQ115651
This position is for Tweed & Byron Community & Allied Health, with the position being based at Byron Ambulatory Care.
Northern NSW Local Health District is
committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres
Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably.
For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
Please note, to apply for
this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be
able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
Where you’ll be working
“A healthy community through quality care”
Local Health District is located in north eastern NSW, extending from Grafton
in the south, to Tweed Heads on the Queensland border, and west to Tabulam and
Urbenville. Northern NSW offers a
diverse range of landscapes and lifestyles, from world-heritage listed mountain
ranges, to world-renowned surfing breaks, and everything in between.
Our people live in some of Australia’s
most vibrant regional centres, with first class infrastructure, unspoilt
natural wonders, pristine coastlines, and a thriving arts scene. It’s a
fast-growing region with rewarding careers and adventures to be found among the
large cities, regional towns and relaxed rural villages.
For more information visit
Northern NSW Local Health District
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality person-centred nursing care in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia Standards for Practice for Registered Nurses, and the Policies and Procedures of the MoH and NNSWLHD.
This position will provide care coordination, case management and support to people with chronic disease, their carers, General Practitioners, practice staff and staff involved in the provision of care. This position will work with relevant stake holders to ensure coordination of services, utilising shared care plans and other team care approaches to optimally support people with chronic disease within the framework of the Chronic Disease Management service.
- Current registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse (Division 1)
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving skills and a multidisciplinary team approach in the planning, delivery and coordination of patient care.
- Demonstrated effective communication through the use of information technology, written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
- Knowledge and understanding of person-centred care, evidence-based practice and quality improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated understanding of the NSW Chronic Disease Management Program and an understanding of the principles of chronic disease management.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Avril Cornwall on Avril.Cornwall@health.nsw.gov.au
27th August 2019