At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Our IT Communications Services Team is hiring a Security Engineer III ! We are looking for a cnaiddate that has tenured experience in a Information Security environment. If you would like to be apart of our Security Transformation, apply today!
The Security Engineer III is responsible for performing technical analysis, implementation, and support of WellStar's security program. This role will participate in the implementation of security solutions, standards, procedures, and incident response & remediation.
The Security Engineer III must be a subject matter expert in network and host-based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network monitoring/protection solutions.
• Deploy and manage security tools such as endpoint protection, encryption, firewall configurations, log management, intrusion detection, multi-factor authentication
• Recommend changes to standard processes and operating procedures
• Analyze information systems utilizing various cybersecurity techniques including packet analysis tools, forensics tools, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, SIEM solutions, and vulnerability assessment software to aid in the detection and prevention of cyber-attacks
• Work with SOC to investigate and respond to security incidents
• Leading information security projects and implementing security technology
• Act as advisor for information security risks, threats and solutions
• Assist with security policy reviews, configuration standards, and 3rd-party audits
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or related field) or High School Diploma plus 8-10 years Information Security experience.
Required Minimum Experience:
5 to 8 years in Information Security (8-10 years without Bachelor’s)
Required Minimum Skills:
Analytical, Verbal & Written Communication, Time Management, Project Management, Risk Assessment, System, Process Improvement, Strong audit/assessment focus.
Required Minimum Certifications:
One (or more) of the following security certifications: CISSP, CISA, or CISM
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
DepartmentWellStar IT Communications
FacilityWellStar Shared Services
CategoryInformation Systems and Technology
|Location:||United States Georgia Marietta|
|Salary:||Highly Competitive USD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
IT & Telecommunications
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.