Employment Type: Permanent Full Time and Permanent Part Time
Location: Bega Valley Health Services
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45ph
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ124720
Applications Close: 28 February 2020
The Nurse Bank is permanent employment (full-time or part-time) across South East Regional Hospital and Pambula District Hospital. The Nurse Manager of the Nurse Bank will allocate nurses across each of these facilities to backfill temporary vacancies, for example maternity relief and long service leave. This model differs from a casual pool model. Nurses will have the opportunity to engage with the unit based teams, receive support from NUMs and their education teams while strengthening skills in new areas.
Where you'll be working
Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead
healthy lives. Our mission is that all
people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right
healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to
you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to - and
it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information visit our website.
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse using best practice evidence delivers person-centered nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team. Provides supervision and support for less experienced clinicians to achieve people focused quality care.
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in providing nursing care in the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means and sound interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person-centred care with a commitment to quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of care
- Recent clinical experience relevant to the position including evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
This is a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health
policy directive PD2018_009. All new employees
must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian
Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally
live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not
offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary
visa. For more information, please