Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job:
The Senior Manager Technical Training is accountable for all Technical maintenance training requirements of the Technical Division. The role will ensure that all theoretical & practical trainings, examinations and assessments meet the standards set by Qatar Airways, Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA), EASA and Manufacturers. In this role, you will oversee the establishment and maintenance of overall Technical Maintenance Training programmes, ensuring that training resources are available and properly managed. You will manage the selection of trainees sponsored by the company for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Programme in conjunction with QCAR/EASA Part-147 Approved Training Organization.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Establishes and maintains Maintenance Training programmes (both regulatory and non-regulatory) to ensure compliance with QCAA/EASA Part 66/145/147 and QCAR Part M Requirements.
- Develops in-house training capabilities of all aircraft types and other trainings required by Technical Department to reduce training expenditure.
- Creates and manages the training year forecast for up to 5 years. Creates and manages optimal capacity/ efficiency within Technical training function.
- Drives a customer centric approach to Technical Training, with focus in on time delivery to meet operational requirements as agreed with production senior leadership.
- Oversees Nationals training programme.
- Develops policy that adds value to the overall objectives of the Training Program.
- Manages the overall end to end Technical maintenance strategy and programme while ensuring an ongoing pipeline of suitably qualified technical staff (Mechanics and Engineers) in line with both regulatory and QR standards.
- Ensures the availability of sufficient skilled, talented and experienced instructors, examiners and assessors to perform theoretical training, practical training, assessments and examinations.
- Monitors, reviews and reports maintenance training performance and effectiveness. Establishes a continuous improvement philosophy and identifies areas of improvement and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures the availability of all supporting facilities and current data published by manufacturers and regulatory authorities to fulfill the training, examination and assessment requirements.
- Controls and manages all required documentation which includes students' training records, students' examination documents, instructors'/examiners'/assessors' qualification records, development and update training records as per the regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for training solutions and management of external suppliers ensuring that the trainings are delivered as per contractual terms. Markets and delivers training to external customers to generate revenue.
- Implements corrective actions of any audit findings, re-establishes the standards, and sets evaluation criteria through feedback.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Establishes the Department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives
- Regularly evaluates the Department or team objectives, plans, procedures and practices and make appropriate change if needed.
- Directly oversees the Technical Training team, including setting performance expectations and provision of guidelines and standard of activities and inspections.
- Demonstrates by example how to interact with stakeholders in reaching mutually agreeable objectives.
- Establishes performance targets and KPIs and measure Managers/ organization against expectations.
You must have relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s level in Aircraft Maintenance, Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent. You have Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License QCAA/EASA or ICAO Type II. You have completed IATA Managers/Director Training.
You are required to have minimum of 10 years relevant experience with and has been employed in an EASA part 147 training organization in a management role. You are able to work in a highly pressurised working environment with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern. You have previous experience in engaging with a diverse workforce. You have proven track record of developing action plans and measuring its success. You have thorough knowledge of the different regulatory requirements and strong exposure to both traditional and modern training methods . You are knowledgeable on Technical aspect of the different aircraft fleet types operated by Qatar Airways.
You must have good managerial skills with the ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. You are able to work under pressure and within tight timeframes and deadlines. You have exceptional people values; very adept at bringing out strengths in others. You inspire and motivate teams and individuals to meet the organization's vision and goals. You have the ability to provide a conducive work place that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork. You have strong service orientation and cross cultural awareness. You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Aircraft Maintenance License (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)