Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
You will be responsible to obtain the technical information and develop all the next generation Cabin equipment specification and assist in Equipment Selection for new aircraft definition. Project Engineer will also provide Engineering Support and development activities for Major Cabin Re-configuration Changes on Qatar Airways aircraft fleet
Key Accountabilities includes:
- As Project Engineer you have the responsibility to ensure that Equipment selected on Qatar Airways new aircraft fleet is in compliance of all technical, legal requirements, airworthiness issues and is a cost effective solution. Due diligence is required within the scope of duties to development of internal Project Monitoring Procedures. Ensure compliance with all legal, official and safety regulations, as well as internal and external requirements in their respective field.
- You will identifies the potential New Technology Cabin Solutions available in the market place for an Aviation application and manages the integration process in to Qatar Airways aircraft fleet.
- You will prepares Product Specification for Aircraft Equipment and assist Contract Department in preparing Request for Information, Request for Proposal and Purchase Agreement documents for selection of new aircraft cabin definitions.
- Evaluate all technical and commercial proposals received against RFPs & RFQs for aircraft equipment and systems for selection consideration. Prepare executive summary and participate in negotiations with vendors for obtaining benefits for company. Assist MAP-Cabin to negotiate and finalize the best technical and commercial solution to meet company requirements.
- You will communicate with Aircraft manufactures and vendors on all aircraft project issues, as required from time to time
- Provide Engineering Support to meet various milestones with regards to Project timeliness. The tasks involve providing guidelines to both internal personnel assigned to the Project as well as OEMs/vendors, review of Engineering data, drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics and to provide comments to meet the desired specifications.
- Provide BFE/SFE Purchases through raising of Purchase Request, Monitoring of BFE list from OEMs for timely action to initiate the necessary Purchase Orders. Required to ensure that all incentives as provided by Suppliers are advised to all concerned departments
You must have Bachelor's Degree or equivalent / Bachelor’s Science Engineering Degree n Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical in related field from a recognize university or licensed aircraft engineer with at least 10 years’ experience as certifying staff.
You must have 5 years job related experience.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good knowledge of applicable new aircraft and BFE Product technical specification and requirements
- Must have a good working knowledge and understanding and be proficient in the use of MSG-3 and MRB .
- Good knowledge of OEM aircraft interface specification for cabin and BFE products including aircraft system and equipment.
- Strong communication and negotiations skills are needed
- A min of 5 years of technical engineering experience with an international airline /MRO or Aviation industry
- A clear understanding of what is required to obtain and develop a cost effective and efficient aircraft specification process
- Demonstrate evidence of strong conceptual thinking and innovation with a strong and proven track record of generating new ideas and concepts challenging traditional frontiers of thought
- Self -motivated and proactive
- Technical accuracy
- Fluent in English and familiar with QCAA, EASA, FAA and ICAO regulations MS office tools skills especially well versed with MS Project.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Other Relevant Documents\Certificates\Licenses