Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
Ensures accurate and timely accounting and billing for Cargo Export Billing & Sales. Supervise accurate billing for Cargo Account Settlement System (CASS) and non-CASS agents, General Sales Agent (GSA), station sales and government bodies on due dates. Ensure Cargo Correction Advice (CCAs) for adjustment is correctly captured, processed, accounted, and monthly closing delivery supported by quality checks. Responsible on Cargo Revenue Accounting (CRA) activities including Export Billing, Flown and Reference data filling performed by our outsourced processing unit (BPO). Ensure Accounted flown revenue are timely and correctly updated in Cargo Management Information System (MIS) and timely publication of MIS report to all stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Validate and seek approval for Cargo Revenue Accounting (CRA) system Export Billing and Flown reference master update. Continuously perform quality checks on all the reference tables.
- Action on any exceptions and query which getting escalated related to Export Billing and Flown are being attended and cleared on timely basis as per the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) / Service Level Agreement (SLA) agreed with outsourced processing unit (BPO).
- Ensure Export Billing indicator in Customer Master of CRA system is correctly updated and to request for CRA Manager Approval if any changes is required in the Customer master.
- Responsible in completeness of export billing and Flown in Cargo Revenue Accounting system and to ensure zero Air waybills pending for export billed or pending for flown accounting.
- Perform Quality checks on the Air waybill value (high yield/ low yield etc) before export billing and flown is performed in Cargo Revenue Accounting system and send query to Station Cargo for any irregularities found.
- Supervise and manage via BPO accurate and complete Export billing for CASS and non-CASS agents, GSAs, station sales and government bodies. Responsible on ensuring customers are being billed as per CASS/ Non-CASS billing timeline. Ensure accuracy and robustness of related process.
- Ensure CASS billing file are being loaded in accordance to CASS billing timeline as published by IATA. Immediately reach out to Station Cargo & Station finance for any rejected Air waybills during CASS uploads and monitor the issue until the matter is closed and payment is received thru CASS/Non CASS channel
- Ensure Accounting CCA (Cargo Correction advice) for CASS adjustment are correctly captured by BPO, processed and accounted in Cargo Revenue Accounting system.
- Assist QR-IT with any queries related to Cargo Management Information System (MIS) and ensure Accounted flown revenue are timely and correctly updated in Cargo MIS and timely publication of MIS report through Business Objects (BO) / Cargo-IRIS system to all stakeholders.
- Provides cargo sales and flown data for the purpose of sales tax or other government agency requirement and perform extraction of Revenue data from Cargo MIS as requested by any department within Qatar airways.
- Assists BPO and ensure Cargo export billing processing activates are carried out as per the SLA. Supervise and monitor BPO activities related to Export billing and Flown processing, billing and
- To prepare New or Revise the existing IAP’s and SOPs and ensure it is comprehensive enough in order for the document to be used as a reference to any party.
- Prepare New or Revise the existing Internal Accounting Procedure (IAP) / SOP and ensure it is comprehensive enough in order for the document to be used as a reference to any party.
- Perform Self -Audit of Process and sample audit of IAPs and SOPs as assigned by the management.
- Perform Testing in the CRA system, document the test scenario with test result (pass and fail conditions) and submit the report to Manager – CRA.
- Raise to IT for any system defect, support, or enhancement required in CRA System.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent
- Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce/Business Administration
Basic Cargo tariff, Ms office suite, Business objects.
- IATA cargo proration
Knowledge of IATA Revenue Accounting rules (RAM)
Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience working in Finance department
Job Specific Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Cargo Revenue Accounting process and system.
- Ms Office
- Command of English language
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Passport-size photograph