The Sutherland Hospital is a 375-bed, major metropolitan hospital and an associated teaching hospital of the University of NSW which is part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District and is located in Caringbah, a southern suburb of Sydney. Established in 1958, The Sutherland Hospital campus offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and community services to around 226,000 residents of the Sutherland Shire, colloquially known as ‘The Shire’.
A recently completed $62.9 million redevelopment has delivered a new and expanded emergency department, 60 new acute inpatient beds, refurbishment works to provide an expanded medical imaging service and storage space for theatres to improve efficiencies.
The hospital campusis close to some of Sydney’s great beaches at Cronulla and to the beautiful Royal National Park. Cronulla is a lively suburb with many restaurants, cafes, bars and a cinema. At Miranda, just a 10 minute walk away from the hospital, there is a Westfield Shopping Centre and cinema complex.
Salary Packaging and Fitness Passport is also available to eligible staff members.
Where you'll be working
The Registered Nurse undertakes comprehensive assessment of frail older people as community clients (in their homes) or inpatients (in hospital). Aged Care Assessment encompasses the evaluation of physical, cognitive, medical, psychological, environmental and social aspects. Referral to other services and carer support and education are also essential aspects of the position.
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
The vision for nursing and midwifery at Sutherland hospital is to build a united team that provides compassionate care to our community through transformational, supportive and holistic nursing and midwifery.
The Registered Nurse coordinates and undertakes high quality aged care assessments with patients/clients of The Sutherland Hospital & Community Health Services consistent with SESLHD and The Sutherland Hospital & Community Health Services policies, procedures and standards.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia, and current NSW Drivers Licence and willingness to utilise as required for the position
2. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others
3. Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence
4. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations
5. Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems
6. Detailed knowledge and understanding of risk management, safety and quality principles and the role of the Registered Nurse in applying these principles
7. Demonstrated recent post registration experience in an aged care setting
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Cathy Farrington on 95407916 or via email on Cathy.Farrington@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 24 September 2019
|Location:||Australia New South Wales Caringbah|
|Salary:||$64,184.86 - $90,122.83 per annum AUD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.