Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
Do you have the ability to work with diverse data formed from variety of sources? Do you have the skills in Big data tools and technologies? We are looking for a Big Data Architect and we need your skill and experience in designing, developing and implementing Data Management Solutions over Big Data Technologies. You will be part of the team who will determine business information needs and identify system requirements, suggest improvements and propose solutions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Determine business information needs and identify system requirements.
- Provides support and technical guidance to his/her team members to ensure deliveries are aligned with the approved architecture and framework
- Ensures data is accurate and meets organizational quality and integrity standards
- Daily operations of Data Management Solutions and related Business Intelligence and Analytics platform
- Responsible to drive and evaluate Business Requirements and provide value addition in terms of suggesting improvements, changes to the same and propose Solutions to meet the Business requirements
- Responsible for testing and ensuring delivery of “fit for use” systems
- Responsible to formulate the enhancement path for the Data Management Solutions and Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
Experience and Qualifications:
- Hands on experience in multiple Database Technologies like oracle, postgres, MySQL
- Hands on experience in Bigdata technologies like Hadoop, sqoop & spark jobs
- Hands on experience in scripting languages like python, shell, bash & batch
- Exposure on Cloud Tools and Technologies on Data Analytics projects
- Hand on experience on programming languages like .net and Java Technologies
- Exposure to Database design, Architecture , Development and Performance tuning experience
- Experience in supporting Tier -1 application 24/7 .
- Hands on experience in Implementing Open source Tools and Technologies.
- Experience in Reports , Dashboard development using BI Tools.
- Hands on experience in Research and Development in Data Analytics Tools
- Exposure on Team /Project management
- Experience in Version controlling and release management
- Exposure with vendor management and POC coordination
- Experience in Technical Architecture documentation for any in-house built solution
- Hands on experience in monitoring production applications, identifying system issues, implementing corrective and preventive solutions in a timely, effective manner
- Knowledge of airline , retail, Commercial , maintenance , business processes and IT systems context will be an added advantage
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport