Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Storage and Backup Specialist who will be managing the day-to-day operation, administration and implementation of a large SAN Storage and Backup infrastructure. We need your experience and skill to make sure that the servers are performing at their optimal levels. You will be working with a Storage and Back up Infrastructure team which includes Storage Arrays, SAN Switches, SAN Directors, FCIP Routers, TLMS, and Backup Systems including Backup Appliances and Backup Master Servers etc. You will be required to be up - to date with new developments and present suggestions for changes so management can authorize them as needed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and administration of Storage Arrays, SAN Switches, SAN Directors, FCIP Routers, TLMS and NetBackup infrastructure, including Infrastructure design, capacity planning, Availability planning and Supplier management.
- Effectively manage the implement data recovery and storage technologies.
- Provide support for multi-tier storage, All Flash Array, SDS and Backup technology architecture, including project support, technical support, incident and problem management and system administration activities.
- Ensure that systems are fully maintained to the highest level of operational capabilities.
- Planning, Designing and implementation of storage, SAN network, data protection for the Qatar Airways Group and periodic enhancement to have maximized benefit of the existing solution.
- Ensure availability, continuity and security of data, which are stored on Backup systems.
- Day to day operations and administration of Storage i.e. Storage provision, reclamation, configuration tuning, monitoring etc.
- Day to day operations and administration of Enterprise data protection infrastructure i.e. Monitoring backup, add/removal of backup nodes, configuration tuning etc.
- Incident, Change and problem handling for Storage and Data backup.
- Life cycle management of the system, including timely hardware and software upgrade and replacement.
- Provide technical consultancy and guidance to the team members, other technical teams, Support teams and Information Services teams.
- Maintaining technical documentation for Storage and Data protection technologies, including SOP, Administration and configuration documents.
Experience and Qualifications:
You must hold Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences with minimum 7 years of IT experience.
We are looking for someone with good communication, problem-solving skills and flexible to work in shifts (24x7 support).
Knowledge and skills (Technical):
- Excellent knowledge in complex IT infrastructure, particularly in the area of Storage Management, Data Protection Management and system integration.
- Experience with disk storage technologies from IBM, HP, others
- Experience with Fiber Channel Switches and SAN directors
- Experience with multi-site storage management, including FCIP router administration.
- Experience with IBM Metro & Global Mirrors
- Experience in OS and Virtualization technologies.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Experienced with troubleshooting for complex system.
- Knowledge of IT documentation.
- Having an IT industry certifications such as IBM Storage Administration, Veritas NetBackup Administrator will be an added advantage.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport