Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ123928
Vaccination Category: A
Applications Close: 9 October 2019
Variety a plenty. The choice is yours!
Where you will be working
Coolamon Multipurpose Service provides emergency, acute and residential aged care services; including palliative and respite care. Of the 14 beds, 12 are residential aged care and two are acute beds. Community nursing and a range of visiting services are available including dietetics, women’s health, occupational therapy, speech pathology and mental health/drug and alcohol counselling (adult, child and adolescent).
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Coolamon
What you will be doing
Provide safe compassionate person centred care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team to achieve safe quality care outcomes that meet the goals of the individual. Neonatal Registered Nurse is equipped to provide immediate care for new borns, 32 weeks gestation or more, or with an expected birth weight of at least 1300grams.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), with demonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA's Registered Nurse professional standards (code of conduct, code of ethics, guide to professional boundaries, supervision guidelines and standards for practice) commensurate with the position.
- Demonstrates continuous quality improvement with the ability to: comprehensively conduct assessments; develop a plan for nursing practice; provide safe, appropriate and responsive quality nursing practice; and evaluates outcomes to inform nursing practice.
- Demonstrated competencies in and/or knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for individuals/patients/clients/consumers for the position.
Please refer to the Position Description for the essential requirements and full selection criteria. Your application must include a current resume and address all selection criteria.
- Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For visa information, please see www.immi.gov.au
- This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a NSW Children’s Guardian Working With Children Check (WWCC) which can be found by clicking on the below link: www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
- If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
- This recruitment process includes pre-employment Online Safe for Work screening.
Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Fiona Simons on Fiona.Simons@health.nsw.gov.au
MLHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic or ethno-religious minority groups and people with disability.