Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.About the Role:
We are recruiting for a Cargo Operations Manager to be based in Heathrow, United Kingdom.
You will be responsible for the smooth cargo operations of our stations in the United Kingdom and Ireland through close management of QR Staff, Ground Handler (GHA) relationships and other service providers. Your objective will be to meet and exceed the minimum level of service standard and optimum utilization of available capacity. You will also foster and develop professional and efficient interface with key internal; and external stake holders.
You will continuously monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies and ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations for the effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing the operations costs involved.
You will develop and implement processes , ensuring standard operational procedures (SOP) are adhered to and ensure a consistent levels of quality in the area in terms of inbound/outbound/trucking/ULD control. This will also include streamlining of policies with GHA staff and other service providers.
You will provide leadership via promoting of team spirit and team work and act as a role model, using your experience and technical expertise to achieve maximum performance and motivation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree with solid and relevant work experience in the airline/air freight industry.
- Knowledge of air cargo operations and IATA, SGHA and SLA regulations is mandatory.
- Supervisory experience within the air freight/airline industry.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to delegate work, set clear directions and manage work flow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Computer literacy with high proficiency in MS Suite.
- Experience in Freighter handling will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.Note: you will be required to attach the following: