Employment Type: Permanent Part / Full Time positions available
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45 ph plus super
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ139962
Location: Dubbo NSW
Applications Close: 4 Dec 2019 - 11.59pm
About the opportunity
Dubbo Health Service are seeking Part-time and Full-Time experienced Registered Nurse's with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering high quality patient care to join our established nursing team.
Dubbo is a major regional city with a population of around 41,000 people, situated on the Macquarie River, 420 km north-west of Sydney. It is a progressive city with a thriving town centre. There are daily flights, trains and buses to the eastern seaboard and many regional towns. Known as the cosmopolitan heart of New South Wales, Dubbo has great shopping and sporting facilities and provides a perfect base from which to explore the eastern interior of our beautiful state.
Living in Dubbo you’ll be rewarded with a relaxed and convenient lifestyle. Residents who have relocated to live and work here have described the real sense of community as the key difference that sets it apart from metropolitan cities such as Sydney. People here are relaxed, down to earth, friendly and so welcoming. Visit http://dubbo.com.au/ for more information.
What we can offer you
Country living with a meaningful career path
Paid leave entitlements
Monthly ADOs for full time staff
Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
Flexible work practices
Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learningand the NSW Health RTO
Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you'll be working
Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers. For more information about the Western NSW Local Health District, watch our video!
To apply for this position, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Current Authority to Practise as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with the Registered Nurse Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses, and Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia).
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means; and sound interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
- An understanding of patient centred care and demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Recent clinical experience relevant to the position and commitment to quality improvement, practice development and evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
Need more information?
Help with your application
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible. For guidance with the application process, please visit our website page.
If the selection panel identifies a surplus of suitable candidates for the role, an eligibility list may be created where candidates may be offered casual, permanent or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
This is a targeted position in accordance with GSE Rule 26: Employment of eligible persons. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to suitable Aboriginal applicants in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities. Aboriginal applicants will be required to demonstrate Aboriginality in addition to addressing the selection criteria. Applicants can upload their Confirmation of Aboriginality as an attachment to their application.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) is working in partnership with the Western NSW Local Health District to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants wishing to apply for this role. For more information about this please contact Chantal Bates from the AES on 0458 301 956 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Abbey Orcher from the AES on 0408 663 482 or via email email@example.com. Alternatively, applicants can visit our website for more information.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.