Employment Type: Permanent Full Time / Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $32.37 - $45.45 per hour
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ139789
NNSWLHD embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people
bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us
deliver quality care to our community.
Northern NSW Local Health District is
committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres
Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably.
For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
Please note, to apply for
this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be
able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
Where you'll be working
“A healthy community through quality care”
Local Health District is located in north eastern NSW, extending from Grafton
in the south, to Tweed Heads on the Queensland border, and west to Tabulam and
Urbenville. Northern NSW offers a
diverse range of landscapes and lifestyles, from world-heritage listed mountain
ranges, to world-renowned surfing breaks, and everything in between.
Our people live in some of Australia’s
most vibrant regional centres, with first class infrastructure, unspoilt
natural wonders, pristine coastlines, and a thriving arts scene. It’s a
fast-growing region with rewarding careers and adventures to be found among the
large cities, regional towns and relaxed rural villages.
For more information visit
Northern NSW Local Health District
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality person-centred nursing care in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia Standards for Practice for Registered Nurses, and the Policies and Procedures of the MoH and NNSWLHD.
Nursing care is provided utilising the principles of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery for people with Drug and Alcohol Issues.
- Current registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) and availability and capacity to participate in a 24 hour/ seven-day rotating roster which includes working all shifts, all days of the week including public holidays
- Demonstrated effective communication through the use of information technology, written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
- Knowledge and understanding of person-centred care, evidence based practice and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Experience working in a relevant drug and alcohol setting and/or enrolment in post graduate drug and alcohol education.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice and person-centred care including Trauma Informed Care and Recovery principles in the care of people with alcohol and other drug use issues.
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving skills and a multidisciplinary team approach in the planning, delivery and coordination of patient care.
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel in the course of employment.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Sharon Campbell on Sharon.Campbell2@health.nsw.gov.au
5 December 2019