Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job:
In this position, the responsibilities of the Shop Supervisor include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Duty Manager to coordinate the shift operations of the shop floor, with a particular focus on sales, customer service, merchandising of stocks, staff allocation, cash spot-checks, stock checking, shift closing, customer grievances, etc.
- Play a role in achieving the daily/ sales budget, by directing and motivating the respective team reporting to him/her.
- Monitor cash discrepancies of Sales Assistant within the shop, ensure stock shrinkage does not exceed the budget.
- Conduct on the job training with the new sales teams to help improve their customer service and product knowledge skills to better serve the customer.
- Authorizations of staff discounts whenever required, ensuring employees are not exceeding the monthly purchase limit and consistent approach has been applied to all employees.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Relevant Tertiary, Trade or Vocational Degree or Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of job- related experience
- Proven track record in the ability to manage stock on a day-to-day basis
- Direct hands on experience in retail inventory management
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of statistical process control
- Ability to lead and direct the work of the team
- Proven track record of handling complex issues and negotiations
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV