Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of Linux infrastructure, mainly to manage the elasticstack technologies (ELK - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and Beats agents) for the Qatar Airways Group. You will be managing the above-mentioned technologies starting from plan, design, implementation and life cycle management of the ELK stack including the day-to-day operations.
You must hold a Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification with minimum 5+ years of IT experience with at least recent 2+ years of working experience with log management technology like elasticstack or Splunk. We are looking for a mature and self-motivated professional with good communication skills, problem-solving skills and ready to work 24x7 in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Knowledge and skills: Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of total overall IT experience
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in elasticstack product technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification
Knowledge and skills (Technical):
- Knowledge in data streaming technologies – Apache Kafka , Redis
- Knowledge in database SQL queries.
- Experience in OS and Virtualization technologies.
- Experience in building the shell scripts.
- Strong understanding of data serialization language - json , yaml
- Experience with designing and implementing data visualizations - Kibana
- Knowledge and understanding on identity management.
- Knowledge on configuration and implementation of solutions using the configuration management tool – Ansible, Puppet.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT documentation
- Knowledge on machine learning.
- Plan, Design, implementation and management of the hundreds of nodes managed under the elasticstack for the Qatar Airways Group.
- Experience in deploying the agents using the automated and configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Puppet).
- Supporting large, enterprise footprint, deployments of Elasticsearch in a fast-paced, mission environment
- Performing Elasticstack products diagnostics and performance tuning.
- Providing functional and 24x7 Technical support for and log management solution.
- Ensure that systems are fully maintained to the highest level of operational capabilities.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper system configuration and monitoring.
- Write custom metric collection agents to record the statistics of the desired elasticsearch cluster managed endpoint.
- Develop, test and rollout the log parsers written for the custom log monitoring.
- Ensure availability, continuity and security of data maintained in the system.
- Monitor the developments in technologies for application towards improvements in the area of security and provide mitigation.
- Responsible for the professional and efficient System Administration and ensuring least privilege access to the production environments in compliance with the ID and Access Management policies.
- Responsible to maintain Patch Management, Linux SOPs, Disaster Recovery procedures and its up-to-date documentation.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate