Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role::
Primarily performing EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) updates and ensures that the configuration management of all EFB platforms is in accordance with company policy and EASA regulations (AMC 20-25). Supports the Manager EFB Systems in daily EFB administrative tasks. Assists the Manager EFB Systems in the research and development of future EFB enhancements and technologies.
- Initially – review the current status of EFB platform and its configuration including:
- Review the update life cycle
- Review process for preparation of updates. Including use of technologies
- Administer all portable EFB technologies.
- Monitors the Ground systems to ensure stability and accuracy and any shortfall in performance is recorded and reported as appropriate.
- Subsequently - To take responsibility for certain aspects of EFB activity including:
- Update preparation
- Aircraft Affectivity
- Implementation of new processes.
- Verifies published updates with thorough testing by taking into account the following:
- Each update has to be ground tested before being uploaded to an aircraft.
- Software compatibility.
- Administers the Aircraft Configuration Management by tracking of each EFBs configuration as per continuous airworthiness requirements.
- Administers the Pilot Mobility project platform by controlling the following aspects:
- Content management
- Platform structure
- Backup EFB readiness
- Monitors all EFB platforms and performs level II troubleshooting by:
- Investigating and resolving any functional shortfalls in performance for any Qatar Airways EFB system.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in IT, Science or Engineering field
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Minimum of 2 years in an airline flight operations and IT environment
- Experience administrating either a Boeing or Airbus EFB platform
- Adequate experience with iOS/WIN/Android tablet technologies
Job Specific Skills:
- Judgement & Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Strong ability to influence
- Excellent IT skills including light programming
- Hard working
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport