Applications Development Technical Lead Analyst-19025907
Description Apps Dev Tech Lead Analyst
- Markets Data and Regulatory team is responsible for building the next generation Global Regulatory Platform to centralize all high risk transactions and client reports on a regulatory architecture, ensuring that Citi meets the highest standards of compliance with external regulators globally.
- Regulatory reporting is a key focus and priority for Citi Global Markets.
- These regulatory requirements impact all product types and asset classes – Cash, ETD and OTC derivatives across Rates, Credit, Equities, FX, Commodities across multiple jurisdictions like CFTC, CAD, ESMA, HKMA, ASIC, MAS and JFSA.
- These requirements are driving fundamental changes to the way trading is done and require significant investment in technology platforms that support these activities.
- Seeking candidate for Technical Lead role in Regulatory Reporting application who can independently work on understanding the regulatory requirements, flows and assist the development team in delivery within the existing architecture of the application.
- This job also involves being part of a dynamic team ensuring both the stability and support to our Regulatory platforms and the close interaction with the stakeholders, ensuring that Citi meets the highest standards of regulatory compliance for HKMA jurisdiction.
- Candidate will be a major contributor to the Citi Markets Data and Regulatory Strategy team vision of building next generation regulatory platform and provide support to the users impacting the regulatory obligations and enhancing our platform for seamless reporting to the regulators.
- This position will also provide opportunity with significant interaction with senior technology, business stakeholders and external regulatory bodies.
- Independently work closely with Operations, Middle Office, Front Office, Production Support and Technology counterparts to understand the APAC Regulatory Reporting issues and requirements
- Analyse and Resolve the daily issues by working with Tech and Production Support team
- Provide oversight and governance on key regulatory reporting issues, obligations and upcoming regulatory changes
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in Citi’s Regulatory reporting systems and obligations
- Perform impact analysis and manage comminution with senior business and technology stakeholders
- Manage escalation of technology related incidents to Legal, Compliance and external regulatory bodies
- Assist in the co-ordination of daily regulatory reporting issues to resolve and improve the accuracy of our Regulatory Reporting
- Participate in the planning, execution and validation of system, regression and user acceptance testing where necessary
- The responsibility of the successful candidate will be to understand the regulatory landscape and obligations for OTC Derivatives and how these are being met currently
- Assist in build, support and enhance a suite of applications while keeping the regulatory book of work on track and meeting all non-functional and project goals. Interact with multiple teams that are responsible for regulatory reporting
- Working with compliance and business to assist in regulatory impact analysis
- Re-engineering existing workflows and business processes to meet the regulatory obligation
Graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
10+ years of experience working on Regulatory Reporting application in any major bank for APAC jurisdictions
Deep understanding of Capital Markets trade life cycle and in-depth understanding of OTC Derivatives
Have a strong mix of regulatory obligations understanding, capital markets knowledge coupled with diverse technical skills
8+ years of software development work experience in Java/ J2EE/Linux environment
Good hands on experience on technologies like Java/J2EE, Spring, Spark/Storm, MongoDB, Micro Services Architecture
Experience with RDBMS, Netezza, Sybase
Desirable to have exposure to tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, TeamCity, uDeploy
Agile Software Development
Excellent communication skills
Strong leadership skills
Strong inter-personal, positive, self-driven attitude to quickly learn and take own initiative to deliver innovative and productive solutions
A positive and pro-active attitude
A history of delivering against agreed objectives
Willingness to learn
Self-motivated and a desire to progress your career
Flexible and adaptive, team player
Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving work flow