Head of Retail, Investments & Insurance Analytics-19036507
- Citi’s Asia Consumer Bank serves 17 markets across Asia and Europe. Citi offers a diversified range of products ranging from retail banking, wealth management, insurance, mortgage, Citi branded cards and loans to our 17 million clients. With more than a century of enviable brand and market leadership, we are competitively well-positioned to grow a high quality customer base that benefits most from our capabilities.
- The Citi Consumer Data & Analytics team consists of analytics professionals in the Singapore regional office, each country, as well as centers of excellence in Bangalore and Chennai. The team works across all areas of the bank to drive a customer-centric analytics agenda to accelerate business outcomes for all key stakeholders. This role is to be a senior member of that team.
- Reporting directly to the Regional Head of Strategy and Transformation, the role will focus on driving business optimization through engagement with data. To become a truly data-driven organization, we must have information flowing at the speed of decision-making. Data is often locked up in the hands of a select few analysts, instead of being democratized across the company putting the power of data in the hands of all business users. We are on a mission to transform the culture of missing, or slow, or non-effective information flow to move us towards a data engine, not just having a data warehouse.
- For this role, we are seeking a proven leader to own the overall information strategy and associated tactical workstreams to transform Citi’s information backbone to move everyone from using data to check decisions to using data to make decisions.
- Be the single accountable owner for all information needs across all lines of business (useful, timely, accurate, etc)
- Eliminate / streamline / automate / consolidate all other reporting processes (Excel, Cognos, Email, Tableau, SAS, etc and associated data preparation means) to enable right information at right time to right person (either delivered or self-serve)
- Understand and separate information needs of regional level from country-specific level
- Understand and separate information into the appropriate velocity (what needs to be monthly, what needs to be daily, what needs to be real-time)
- Create and drive advocacy of any self-service means of accessing information (Sharepoint, Tableau, etc)
- Work from business question backwards to create minimalist but critical information needs that provides answers at a glance with minimal cognitive load, ideally in visual tools like Tableau. Work within the analytics team and across the business to understand the critical KPIs and the associated right levels of granularity and frequency and history
- Use world class UX principles and the “right” level of self-service sophistication to put the power of data in the hands of the organization across all functions
- Drive data modelling requirements with the analytics data team to support the reporting needs of the organization
- Able to speak the language of both data modelling teams and business stakeholders both
- Be able to leverage agile process tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- An understanding of how to translate business needs into the right information needs to propel the business
- Knowledge of consumer banking business across all product lines and associated business acumen would be helpful
- An understanding of external tools and techniques to infuse into the organization to avoid re-inventing the wheel wherever possible
- Experience managing relationships across multiple geographies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in data/analytics with a focus on data democratization initiatives / information backbone agendas
- Able to structure and attack complex initiatives from the strategy to the tactical execution
- Self-Motivated & accountable – demonstrated ability to follow through to execution
- Strong Project Management Skills, ability to lead cross functional teams towards a common vision
- Organized – can juggle multiple, potentially competing priorities with aplomb
- Detail oriented – obsessed about quality
- Creative – demonstrate a creative flair
- Collaborative – easy to work with, across all levels of the organization; builds effective working relationships
- Bias for change – actively seeks out ways to improve processes, people, etc
- Influence skills – able to influence outcomes without necessarily direct authority; experienced navigating large complex organizations